Melbourne Celebrant: Pets At Weddings Tips
Being with your lovable pets at your wedding might be a dream come true. But luckily, here in Melbourne, we have the opportunity to be with our cute cuddly pets on our special day. As a Melbourne Celebrant who adores pets, I personally believe that having pets at your wedding will certainly make your day.
The first thing to remember is that we need to be sure that our pets are comfortable with having people around. We want them to feel loved and also, be comfortable on the day.
With that said, here are some of the tips I could share for couples who want to have their pets on their wedding day:
- Firstly, ensure that your venue is ‘pet-friendly’. Check well in advance that pets are allowed at your chosen wedding venue. An outdoor wedding is also the perfect venue for your pets.
- Secondly, a chaperone for your pet might come handy especially before, during and after the ceremony. They will ensure that your pet is comfortable and safe.
- Also, ensure that your pet’s cute attire for your special day will make him/her comfortable throughout the day. You want to make sure that they are not uncomfortable with your chosen attire for them. Have a fitting in advance to ensure they will get used to it at first.
- Give your pup a shower before the big day because it will limit dander and loose hair for your guests who are going to attend your wedding. It’s also advisable to tell your family and friends that your cute little dog will be on your special day.
- Take your dog to the location several times to train him/her before your special day just so he/she can be familiar with the venue. Training him while giving him treats as he accompanies you to walk down the aisle would be great too.
- Food and toys would be a great idea too because you want your dog to behave at the wedding so preparing these essentials is a must.
- To avoid your dog being hyperactive in the ceremony, make sure your dog had his long walks, toilet breaks, and playtime before the ceremony.
Marry Me Helley Pets For Wedding
Having pets at your wedding will certainly complete your day. They are, after all, members of the family. You want them to be with you and also, you want to show them off how cute and cuddly they are in front of your friends and guests.
Melbourne Celebrant Helen Williamson will support couples who want to include pets on their wedding day. Give me a message and I would love to hear from you.
Click here for inquiries.
Also, check my facebook page Marry Me Helley Pets For Wedding.